Due to continued growth in our surveying division and a significant pipeline of secured works, the D-Team is recruiting for an ambitious surveyor wanting to join a fast growing team and take the next step in their career.
The successful applicant will see extensive opportunity to fast track their career and further develop their surveying skills while working with some of the best in the business on industry leading spatial projects, with tier 1 clients and flagship infrastructure.
The role includes:
- Establishment of primary control networks
- High precision set out for construction of automated warehousing systems
- ‘Rolling’ As-Built survey and live QC in support of construction/installation teams
- Geospatial surveys across a variety of environments including rail, road and remote natural settings
- GNSS control surveys for aerial LiDAR and photogrammetry
- Extensive opportunities to work with laser scanners, drone LiDAR, photogrammetry and other remote sensing technologies
- Work independently on site; Monday – Friday work days
- Daily liaison and communication with the client and construction project team
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate should have:
- Full working rights in Australia (no VISA sponsorships will be considered for this role)
- A passion for spatial sciences, 3D, innovation and technology
- Cert IV or higher education in Spatial Science (Surveying)
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Construction Induction (White) card
- Experience with engineering/construction set out surveys
- Experience executing As-Built surveys
- At least 1 year experience in Australia post studies
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a willingness to accept feedback
- Ability to travel to remote/interstate areas for short durations, rarely more than 5 days at a time
And the following is highly desirable:
- Experience with Trimble robotic total stations and Trimble Business Centre
- Remote Pilot Licence (MR<7kg or MR<25kg)
- Laser Scanning and point cloud processing experience
- Drafting, CAD modelling capability
- Experience in the rail corridor (RIW)
Interviews begin immediately and the ideal candidate will be ready to join the team from early-mid May 2022.
How to apply
Please reach out to email@example.com with your C.V. and a cover letter telling us why you would like to join the D-Team and why you would be a great fit.
Diospatial is an equal opportunity employer, and ALL qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to attend an interview.
The success of the AEC sector’s adoption of digital engineering is dependent on reliable, accessible, and actionable spatial data; and that’s where Diospatial is making a difference.
We’re a team of engineers and surveyors, focusing our efforts on finding the most effective and innovative ways to capture, process and deliver spatial and visual data for Australia’s large-scale asset owners, operators, and AEC professionals.
We utilise a suite of cutting-edge reality capture and remote sensing tools and technologies including aerial LiDAR, terrestrial laser scanning, and photogrammetry, along with conventional surveying tools, to deliver survey, inspection, and monitoring solutions.
Benefits of working with the ‘D-Team’
Working with the D-Team is in no-way conventional. We aim to attract, train, and retain only the best. We live and breathe a culture of freedom and responsibility. Wherever possible, employees are given freedom to manage their inputs including flexible working hours and arrangements. And with that freedom, employees are responsible for ensuring they consistently achieve the exceptional outcomes expected of them.